The SRE-3050 Elan Straight Rail Stairlift, a product by Bruno Independent Living Aids, Inc., is an innovative solution designed to assist individuals with mobility issues in navigating stairs safely and independently. This blog post aims to provide a comprehensive overview of its technical specifications, performance standards, safety guidelines, and more.
The SRE-3050 Elan Straight Rail Stairlift boasts a range of impressive technical features:
Rated Load: 300 lb (136 kg) maximum
Number of Passengers: 1
Power Source: 24VDC, 2 each 3AH 12 volt sealed maintenance-free lead acid batteries
Charger: 105-230VAC/1.5 A input, 24VDC/1 A output continuous monitoring
Drive: 24VDC, 16A direct drive self-locking positive geared motor
Motor Controller: Custom 24VDC PWM controller with acceleration ramping
Braking: Dynamic motor braking through the motor controller, worm gear box, electro-mechanical motor brake and overspeed protection
Controls: Infra-red wireless control and 3-position, momentary rocker switch mounted under armrest
The SRE-3050 Elan is built according to several safety standards for stairway chairlifts and platform lifts:
- ANSI/ASME: A18.1-2005, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2017 (Sec. 7)
- CSA B613 Private Residence Lifts
- ANSI/ASME: CSA B44.1/ASME-A17.5 Elevator and Escalator Electrical Equipment
- CSA B355: 2019 Platform lifts and stair lifts for barrier–free access
- EN 81-40: 2008 Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts
The SRE-3050 Elan is not recommended for:
- Users who use a scoot-pivot transfer from a wheelchair without bearing weight through their legs.
- Those with leg weakness, during stand to sit transfer, whose knees buckle with uncontrolled lowering to the stairlift seat.
For these users, the Bruno SRE-2010 Elite model is recommended.
Supports and Track Construction
The stairlift employs clamps anchored to the stair tread and an aluminum extruded rail with a covered metal gear rack. The angle of the track can range from 22° to 45°.
Seat and Armrests
The seat is padded, folding, and swivels with stops at 0º (forward), 67º (top), and 90º (top). The armrests are fixed to the seat frame and can be rotated towards the seat back for a smaller profile when not in use.
The stairlift features numerous safety measures including:
- Seat swivel switch
- Carriage safety switches
- Seat positioning belt
- 25A manual reset breaker on motor control circuit
- Final end stop bumper at each end of rail
- Final limit switch
- Full diagnostic alarms on circuit board
- Armrest safety switches to ensure barrier arms down to operate (SRE-3050G)
- Overspeed protection against free fall or runaway condition
- Diagnostic/charging light on charger
- 5A fuse on control circuits
- Emergency manual carriage drive feature
Battery Capacity and Power Outage
The SRE-3050 Elan stairlift's battery capacity depends on the angle, length of run, ambient temperature, and rider weight. If power is disconnected, the batteries can last between 12 and 24 hours.
Weight of the Unit
A typical installation of the stairlift weighs about 180 lb (82 kg) without a rider. This measurement applies to a standard 15’-9” (4.8 m) installation.
Bruno Independent Living Aids, Inc. ensures their product's reliability through rigorous testing. Some of the performed tests include:
- Life cycle testing with full rated load at 45º on a 15’-9” rail
- Battery charger UL testing and listing to UL 1012
- Self-locking gear box statically tested with 2100 lb (953kg)(7 times rated load) on a 45° rail for 5 minutes with no carriage movement
- Repetitive tests performed to determine power outage cycling
- Electrical discharge to ground testing
- Overspeed brake freefall locking distance
The SRE-3050 Elan stairlift also offers additional options to enhance user convenience:
- Keyed call/send controls
- Power swivel seat at top landing (up to 85º of rotation)
- Power folding footrest
- Manual folding rail (application angle: 30º to 45º)
- Power folding rail (application angle: 30º to 45º)
In conclusion, the SRE-3050 Elan Straight Rail Stairlift by Bruno Independent Living Aids, Inc. provides a well-rounded solution for those seeking increased mobility in their homes. It combines advanced technical features with stringent safety standards, ensuring a secure and smooth ride for every user.
Learn more about the Bruno Elan Here.