A Shift from Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators (PVE)
Since 2012, New Jersey residents have enjoyed the convenience of pneumatic vacuum elevators in their homes. However, with the recent changes in the state's elevator code, these elevators are no longer compliant, necessitating a shift to alternative solutions. Luckily, homeowners, architects, and home builders in New Jersey have a plethora of viable and exciting options available.
- Pneumatic vacuum elevators have been in use in New Jersey since 2012
- Recent changes in state elevator code have made these elevators non-compliant
- A variety of viable alternatives are available for homeowners, architects, and home builders
The Savaria Vuelift and Vuelift Mini as Alternatives
Among these, the Savaria Vuelift and the Savaria Vuelift Mini stand out. With a design philosophy similar to their pneumatic counterparts, these elevators provide a smooth transition for those seeking a similar aesthetic and functionality. With costs comparable to pneumatic vacuum elevators, they offer an excellent alternative without requiring a significant financial compromise.
- Savaria Vuelift and Vuelift Mini offer a design similar to pneumatic vacuum elevators
- These models provide an easy transition for those seeking similar aesthetics and functionality
- Costs of Savaria elevators are comparable to pneumatic vacuum elevators
Economical Home Lift Alternatives
For homeowners seeking more economical alternatives, homelifts provide a fantastic solution. Models such as the Stiltz, Symmetry Shaftless Elevator, and the Savaria Telecab present cost-effective choices without compromising on quality or convenience.
- Home lifts like Stiltz Duo Alta, Stiltz Trio Alta, Savaria Telecab, and Symmetry Shaftless Elevator are economical alternatives
- These models do not compromise on quality or convenience
- They provide a cost-effective choice for homeowners
Advantage of Adaptability to Existing Homes
One of the significant advantages of these alternatives lies in their adaptability to existing homes. With a smaller spatial footprint and no requirement for traditional shaft or hoistway, they integrate seamlessly into most home designs. Mobility123, a leading home elevator installation company, offers turn-key services, incorporating the construction work within their scope when needed.
- Home lifts have a smaller spatial footprint and don't require traditional shafts or hoistways
- They can be integrated seamlessly into most home designs
- Mobility123 offers complete installation services, including any necessary construction work
Adherence to Revised New Jersey Code
The revised New Jersey code stipulates that all elevators and lifts must comply with ASME A17.1 or ASME A18.1, making it crucial to ensure your chosen solution adheres to these regulations. Companies like Mobility123 ensure your new home lift installation meets all the necessary codes and standards criteria.
- New Jersey's revised code mandates compliance with ASME A17.1 or ASME A18.1 for all elevators and lifts
- It's critical to select an elevator solution that adheres to these codes and standards
- Mobility123 ensures code compliance for your home lift installation
Value Addition from Modern Elevators
Investing in one of these modern elevators doesn't just add convenience to your home; it can significantly increase your property's value. However, this value addition is most pronounced when the project is carried out correctly and professionally.
- Modern elevators add convenience and value to your home
- The value addition is most significant when the installation is professionally done
- Elevators are a good investment for homeowners
Desire to Age in Place
New Jersey homeowners have expressed a growing desire to age in place, maintaining their independence in the homes they love. With multi-story homes becoming increasingly common, especially along the coast, residential elevators are swiftly transforming from luxury additions to essential components.
- New Jersey homeowners are expressing a desire to age in place
- Multi-story homes are being built higher, necessitating residential elevators
- Residential elevators are transitioning from luxury additions to essential components
Maintenance Considerations for These Elevators
Maintenance of these elevators is comparable to the care and upkeep of pneumatic vacuum elevators, ensuring homeowners won't encounter unexpected service challenges. Mobility123 offers a range of maintenance plans tailored to each user's needs, ensuring your elevator continues to serve you seamlessly for years to come.
- Maintenance of these elevators is similar to pneumatic vacuum elevators
- Homeowners are unlikely to encounter unexpected service challenges
- Mobility123 offers tailored maintenance plans for long-term seamless operation
Case Study: Savaria Vuelift Mini in a New Jersey Coastal Home
One New Jersey homeowner, looking to retrofit their beloved coastal home with an elevator, discovered Mobility123's expert service. They chose the Savaria Vuelift Mini, drawn by its sleek design and code compliance. Mobility123's professional, turn-key service made the installation a breeze, adding value to their home and the convenience of swift multi-level access.
- One homeowner successfully retrofitted their coastal home with a Savaria Vuelift Mini
- The homeowner was drawn by the elevator's sleek design and code compliance
- Mobility123's professional service made the installation process smooth
The Future of Home Elevators in New Jersey
It's clear that even with the phasing out of pneumatic vacuum elevators, New Jersey residents have numerous exciting and valuable alternatives at their disposal. By selecting the right home lift solution, homeowners can enhance their property's value, improve mobility, and ultimately, maintain their independence in the homes they love.
- Pneumatic vacuum elevators are being phased out, but exciting alternatives exist
- The right home lift solution can enhance property value and improve mobility
- Homeowners can maintain independence in their homes with these alternatives
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a home elevator?
A home elevator is a type of residential lift installed in private homes to provide easy access between different floors, making it particularly useful for those with mobility issues or those who want to increase their home's value.
Are home elevators in New Jersey compliant with the new elevator code?
The new elevator code in New Jersey requires all elevators and lifts to comply with ASME A17.1 or ASME A18.1. Many home elevators, such as the Savaria Vuelift, are compliant with these regulations. However, pneumatic vacuum elevators are no longer compliant, necessitating a shift to alternative solutions.
How much does a home elevator cost?
The cost of a home elevator varies depending on the type, design, and the complexity of the installation. However, many options like homelifts such as the Stiltz, Symmetry Shaftless Elevator, and the Savaria Telecab are cost-effective alternatives to pneumatic vacuum elevators.
Are home elevators safe?
Yes, home elevators are designed to be safe and comply with strict safety standards. Companies like Mobility123 ensure that your new home elevator installation meets all the necessary safety and legal criteria.
Do home elevators add value to my home?
Yes, installing a home elevator can significantly increase your property's value. However, this value addition is most pronounced when the project is carried out correctly and professionally.
Can I retrofit my existing home with an elevator?
Yes, many modern home elevators, such as the Savaria Vuelift and Savaria Vuelift Mini, can be retrofitted into existing homes. They require a smaller spatial footprint and no traditional shaft or hoistway, making them easily adaptable to most home designs.
Who installs home elevators in New Jersey?
Mobility123 is a leading home elevator installation company in New Jersey. They offer turn-key services, incorporating the construction work within their scope when needed.
Do home elevators require regular maintenance?
Yes, like all mechanical systems, home elevators require regular maintenance to ensure their proper functioning. Companies like Mobility123 offer maintenance plans tailored to each user's needs.
How can a home elevator help me age in place?
A home elevator provides easy access between different floors, making it particularly useful for older adults or those with mobility issues. It allows homeowners to maintain their independence in the homes they love, thus facilitating aging in place.
What are some alternatives to Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators (PVE) in New Jersey?
Alternatives to pneumatic vacuum elevators include the Savaria Vuelift and the Savaria Vuelift Mini, as well as economical homelifts like the Stiltz, Symmetry Shaftless Elevator, and the Savaria Telecab. These offer similar functionality and aesthetics to pneumatic vacuum elevators, without requiring a significant financial compromise.